Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Saturday

Yay! Happy Saturday ~ I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far. I was up bright and early and off to a spin class this morning and since then I've been enjoying all things wonderful. Check out all the fabulousness that is my life today. (I've got to warn you that this is a very picture heavy post :-)

Derek & I with all my grandparents ~ Dec 2010

We haven't seen much of my grandparents in the past few weeks and I was able to see both sets and have a visit today. I am very grateful to have them all in my life and I cherish all our visits!

This little sweet pea (my neice) turns 9 years old today!
She's cute as a button and she's got a serious case of Bieber Fever!
Happy Birthday Bre!



Local asparagus picked this morning.
Guess what I'll be cooking up over the next couple of days??
Fresh asparagus is amazing ~ I munched on raw spears all the way home :-)


...and another one of my fave things about spring.....
RHUBARB ~ fresh from my grandma's garden.
When I was a kid, we'd pick rhubarb right out of the patch and dip it in white sugar.
Good times let me tell ya!

She even made me a rhubarb crisp! I told you I'm lucky! 

I know it's delish because I dug in as soon as I got it home :-)


I'm also loving all the flowers that continue to blossom and bloom around the house.
These little beauties are sprouting up in my front flower bed.

I also LOVE my sandcherries.
You can't see them too well in this pic but there are little pink buds all over the bush. It should be covered in gorgeous pink flowers within the next week or so.
This is one of my favourite bushes! 
(Don't mind the dandelions ~ we are country bumpkins and don't pull them. We just mow over them LOL!)

I was also excited to find some chives growing up in last year's herb pot.
I'm planning to get the rest of my herbs next weekend and start planting! 
Chives and baked potatoes = YUMMY!

...and of course I can't leave these little cuties out when talking about the things I'm lovin' - even if they have totally trashed my yard and worn racetracks all over the place!

There used to be grass under that picnic table at one time. <Sigh>

Red Ball + Mom with Camera = Wrestlmania Time!!

 So there you have it ---  my day in a nutshell and it's only 4:45 p.m.! I haven't even started cleaning the house or any of the other chores I need to do, so I guess I better get at it.

Keep an eye out tomorrow for an amazing recipe ~ I'm thinking something with rhubarb or asparagus ;-)

Any big plans for today?

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Andrea

3 comments:

  1. I spent the beginning of the day with my mom and the second half with Lee going out to dinner! It looks like it was an awesome Saturday for both of us! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rhubarb crsip looks so delightful! I love rhubarb, it makes a great compote or jam, even a great addition to savoury dishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty rockin' day to me =) Though I'm stuck on fresh asparagus... ohmygooooosh I cannot get enough lately!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete