Friday, June 17, 2011

Home Alone ~ My Supplies

So Derek has been gone since 7:30 a.m. and he's all set up at the Michigan International Speedway lounging in a lawn chair and sippin' a cold one, or two :-)

Me, I'm finally home from the longest work week EVER and I'm getting myself ready for a lazy and relaxing weekend. On my way home I stopped for some essential supplies:

Veggie Pizza (see, I wasn't joking about this in my last WIAW post!)

Red Wine
This is a new Merlot from Niagara, Canada and it is FANTASTIC.

Dark Chocolate - obviously!

Fresh, local strawberries - to curb my sweet tooth after I polish off that chocolate.... or maybe I could melt the chocolate and dip my berries in it...hmmmmm......

Season 1 of Dexter - I've had so many friends tell me I will love this series. Erin also mentioned she was lovin' it on her blog recently and it's been on my mind ever since, so I decided to break down and rent it. I found it at our local library, so it was a FREE rental! Yeah baby!
Don't judge if I watch the entire season by Sunday night :-D

Stuffed Frozen Kongs - a definite necessity to keep the doggies stimulated when you plan to watch 10 hours of the tube over the weekend! These ones are stuffed with sweet potato mashed with just a wee bit of cream cheese and finely diced chicken weiner.

...oh, and I can't forget about the kale :-D ....wha??? You'll just have to check back to see what I have planned for it! I have a couple of yummy and healthy recipes on the brain.

What is your all-time favourite TV series? Hands down, mine is Sex & the City!
What are your essential must-haves when you are enjoying a quiet night to yourself?

Have a fabulous weekend,

Andrea

8 comments:

  1. kale chips maybe? =)

    sounds like a good night to me!!!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your veggie pizza looks delicious.
    Last weekend was my weekend without my husband. Just me and my 4-year-old. So, "me time" happened after he went to bed and the essentials were a big yummy salad, potato chips and vegan onion dip, wine, and a movie. I watched 4 movies last weekend!
    I hope you have a lot of fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I've been wanting to watch Dexter!! And when I get full seasons of a show, I can EASILY wipe them out in one weekend. No shame. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that pizza looks delicious! Definitely what I want to munching on when I'm home alone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like my kind of weekend!!! Just sub out Dexter for Friends (my fave tv show ever) and I'm golden. Hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You obviously are prepared for the weekend. I, too, am guessing that the kale is for chips. Enjoy all that good food. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kale and especially kale chips :)

    My favorite TV series were Big Love, LOST and Dawson's Creek back in the day (RIP all of them)...SATC is a close fourth though!

    ReplyDelete