Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday - Memorial Day Weekend Edition

Hi y'all!! Sorry I've been away so long! I swear I had great intentions to blog while I was away visiting my fam, but it just didn't happen. My parents' house was buzzing with activity all weekend long ~ by the time I jumped on the trampoline and rode scooters with the kiddos, I was just too whipped to even think about putting together a sentence!

Today, is not one day in the life of my eats, but it's an ode to my fave eats while I was away...ok, maybe it's the food I actually remembered to snap before eating ~ I missed the veggie plate from Cracker Barrel, overnight oats, homemade guac, warm potato salad and veggie skewers........Luckily, I have an open invite so I'll have many more trips to share with you in the future :-). Food is something my family does very, very well.





Both of my flights were at night, so I brought along a supply of dark chocolate to munch on and to give me a boost to make it to my destination. This is seriously one of the best dark chocolates in my opinion. I was very grateful for this when my flight got delayed until 11:10 p.m. 


My other fave travel munchie was tuscan three cheese baked Pretzel Crisps. I bought them in Nashville yesterday and I've almost demolished an entire bag! They are addictive.


Of course, I also had to treat myself to a Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte. What can I say, it's expensive, but it's tradition.


We had two barbecued dinners, but only one that was captured on film. On Sunday night, we had steamed asparagus, roasted baby potatoes, tossed salad with Paul Newman's Honey Mustard dressing (another yummy first!) and while everyone chowed down on steak, I had an amazing teriyaki portabella mushroom grilled with garlic and gruyere cheese. It was huge. It was delish!


We had two amazing and noteworthy desserts. The first was a Butterfinger Pie.

 Sinful. Delicious. Ate So Much I Almost Puked.

The other dessert was a birthday treat for my neice, Bre. Initially she and I were going to make dirt & worms cupcakes, but everyone got in on the action and it became a "see who can squash the most candy into their cupcake" kind of party!! The adults and kiddos all seemed to enjoy this and the cupcakes were mighty tasty!


Before I wrap it up, I have to tell you about one final treat we had on Sunday when the weather was hot, hot, HOT!!  The kids were playing in the ginormous water blow up slide my dad bought them while the adults sat in the shade eating limeade popsicles. We had the Minute Maid pops and I am determined to develop a recipe for a homemade version this summer ~ stay tuned!

Minute Maid Soft Frozen Lemonade

So there you have it. Not the most healthy What I Ate Wednesday, but I certainly enjoyed every single bite of everything I ate.

 If you're looking for healthy, wholesome meal ideas, pop on over to Jenn's site to get some inspiration.

What is your favourite frozen summer treat?

Have a happy Wednesday,

Andrea

10 comments:

  1. Those pretzel crisps are SO good! Have you had the "Everything" flavor? They taste just like an everything bagel! SO delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was as usual a weekend full of yummy food and fun when you are visiting.
    We all love and miss you!
    Don't worry about all those calories....I'm sure racing on the scooters and jumping on the trampoline got rid of some of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that butterfinger pie looks amazing! And those cupcakes are the cutest ever :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frozen Limeade! Ya buddy! I love those things! Glad you enjoyed your time home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you know that even though it may not have been the healthiest, you still enjoyed it. Even that butterfinger pie. that's the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA you've seen my eats! not ever WIAW has to be a picture of healthy perfection =) We get to eat what we want and relish it! <3 Love the variety here and i'm going to have to keep the portobello and gureyere combo in mind =) it sounds goooood! <3

    Happy WIAW Andrea! mwah!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Butterfinger pie?! Oh my god- I am pretty sure I need to make one of those ASAP. Butterfingers are one of my favorite candies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mushroom looks fantastic. I may have to try that in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had two barbecued dinners, but only one that was captured on film. On Sunday night, we had steamed asparagus, roasted baby potatoes, tossed salad with Paul Newman's Honey Mustard dressing (another yummy first!) and while everyone chowed down on steak, usa jewerly , wholesale france jewerly , I had an amazing teriyaki portabella mushroom grilled with garlic and gruyere cheese. It was huge. It was delish!

    ReplyDelete