Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday!

My love affair with What I Ate Wednesday continues!




I love sharing my eats with you guys and I have gotten so many awesome meal ideas from other bloggers participating. I think I could eat a new and different meal for an entire year without any repeats!!

I'm trying to stay on track and get toned and tightened up as we come into tank top and bikini weather, so we've been having heatlthy eats at home as much as possible. The theme of this WIAW is 'simplicity'. None of these meals took much time to whip together, they are all healthy, satisfying and very easy even for the most novice of cooks.

I'm back on track with the water, so I try to start every morning off with a glass of lemon water. I've been craving cold water after the heat wave we had last week, so I've shelved my warm water habit for the time being.


For breakie, I have been LOVING the Breakfast Cookie!!! And by loving, I mean eating it almost every single morning and when I'm not eating it, I'm wishing I was. Today, I substituted cocoa powder for the vanilla protein powder and used Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. It was a mix between a choco banana cookie and a macaroon. It was AWESOME!


My fave lunch this week was a mixed green salad with shredded asiago cheese, sunflower seeds and multigrain croutons and dressed with a light herb vinagrette. I paired the salad with a mushroom and rice veggie burger topped with baby spinach and a wee bit of mayo. I also had a glass of orginal V8 Juice. I can't get enough of V8, especially when it's all glammed up in a wine glass :-)  I was in heaven after this meal!



For dinner, I pulled every single vegetable out of my fridge and whipped up a veggie stirfry using a splash of olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and some Cajun spice. I added quinoa on the side. Luckily I had enough left over to take to work for lunch ~ I love when that happens!!


So there you have it ~ another Wednesday, another great food recap! Stay tuned next week because I'm home alone for yet another weekend and I'm thinking I should share my "home alone eats" to give some ideas to the single guys and gals out there. It could go one of two ways - either I eat super healthy and try some awesome recipes I've been eyeing up OR I grab an XL veggie pizza and eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess you'll just have to check back next week to see what I do :-)

Until then, pop on over to visit Jenn at Peas and Crayons to see what some other great bloggers have been munching on this week!

What's your fave meal when you're cooking for one?

Have a Happy Hump Day - we're on the down swing to yet another weekend my friends!! 

Andrea

15 comments:

  1. Oooh your breakfast cookie sounds delicious! Dark choc dreams is amazing!! :)
    Well I always cook for one because I live on my own haha, but my fave easy meal is a lentil curry - really quick, simple, healthy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am cooking for one, I tend to have eggs.. or turkey burgers (usually frozen ones that I have made and then froze from buying the things of ground turkey!)

    I've never had a breakfast cookie.. Imust say the look delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mention of V-8 in a wine glass made my mouth water! Think I need to get some of my own (perhaps with a little horseradish for extra kick) stat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I cook for one, I like a sandwich or just a bowl (or 3) of cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of the wine glass for the V8. Very classy! :)

    Looking forward to what your eats are next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...I need to buy some more V8 juice! I lauged when you said you might buy an XL veggie pizza and eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I've been known to do that before, with pizza leftovers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy WIAW!!!!! <3 I ate nearly every veggie in my fridge last night too! it was glorious =) I should have served mine up with some quinoa though -- I keep forgetting I have a jar full!

    Hope your week is rockin girl!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I eat a breakfast cookie for dinner? ;) It looks so good! I'll have to try it. Happy wiaw-ing!

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yumm I Want to try that breakfast cookie!

    When I'm home alone I like to make vegan "mac n cheese" with couscous and nutritional yeast. Its so simple, and it easy to make a small portion for one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cooking for one is my favorite. Your eats look perfect for that. It's nice to be able to whip up something new every day and not have too many leftovers. I need to try those breakfast cookie things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breakfast cookies are definitely one of my favorite breakfasts too. I was missing out for so long ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a pro at cooking for one, basically anything and everything! Your breakfast cookie looks so darn delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love quinoa! I't s a great side dish that tends to be forgotten (in the back of the pantry). Thanks for the reminder :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like V8. Reminds me of long hours in the library last year! (It's my power drink! ;-) )

    In theory, I'd make anything for one really. Except that I'm lazy and don't! Some days, making stuff for one seems like such a drag!

    Love your breakfast cookie. That has got to be the best looking one I have seen! :-) DCD makes everything better in the morning...

    ReplyDelete