Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What I Ate "When I Was Home Alone" Wednesday

Yay it's Wednesday! My most favourite weekday of all!






And this is no ordinary Wednesday ~ this is the day when I divulge all the treats I indulge in when my hubby is away. You know what they say, "when Derek's away, his wifey will play"....with food that is! :-) In the old days, all I would have been able to post here is pot after pot of Kraft Dinner with weiners, but thankfully I've evolved and become a little more creative in my eats!

I like to pick and munch all day long when I have no one's schedule but my own to worry about. This weekend was no different. I thoroughly enjoyed my down time, but I was really glad when Derek got home, so I could get back into a routine.

Check out all the good things I indulged in over the weekend.

Veggie Pizza. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd have this for breakfast, lunch & dinner!

Other breakies included iced coffee and fresh strawberries.



When I wasn't eating pizza for lunch, I was having a tomato pesto sandwich.
If you haven't tried this, go and make it right now! It is one of my all-time favourite sandwiches!

For dinner, when I wasn't eating pizza ;-)  hehe, I was having a salsa bean burger on a thin
bun, with a side of stirfried broccoli with garlic and balsamic.
Stay tuned, bean burger recipe to come tomorrow and I promise you that it is dee-eelish!
Can you tell I'm lovin' these whole grain thin buns?

And of course, I can't forget all my snacks. They are an absolute must for a home alone weekend!

Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate

Brown rice chips - sweet chili flavour

Red Wine ~ of course!

...and last, but not least, my lonely little peanut butter blondie.

Whew! Thank goodness I'm not home alone every night or I'd be in some serious trouble! I love to indulge and enjoy my down time, but it always feels great to get back to my healthy oats and salads full of greens.

If you're looking for some more inspiration, pop on over to Jenn's site at Peas & Crayons to explore the amazing eats of so many other awesome bloggers.

What is your favourite thing to snack on when you just want to pick and munch all day?

Happy Hump Day,

Andrea

11 comments:

  1. Hello! Just came over from WIAW party!! I'm the same way when my bf goes out of town. I love pizza for breakfast...but it has to be cold to be considered breakfast for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh sometimes when I'm home alone I got a litttttle crazy on the snacking. (Just having roommates around helps me stop sneaking into the cabinets! haha) but if I'm feeling snacky I usually make a big smoothie and eat it with peanut butter, or apple + almond butter! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all looks amazing! My favorite snacky food is homemade Chex Mix. I don't make it that often because I will just go back for bowl after bowl all day...so tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have eaten veggie pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found the best recipe for crust ever so i've been living off veggie pizza too =) haha happy waiw!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  6. those strawberries look amazing, I have been craving local strawberries like crazy i'm on a mission to find me some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love spending a day grazing, my favorite way to eat, too. I love crackers for snacking, with various toppings (PB, or hummus, or most anything I can stick a cracker in). And now I want some pizza, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh that pizza looks delish! I love pizza and anything that resembles pizza. When I want to pick and eat all day I grab a jar of PB and anything that will fit inside of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE those brown rice chips! One of my fav recent finds, for sure... next to the blondies! I made a version of the chickpea blondies that have been going around and they were (surprisingly) fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that pizza! And those chocolate covered strawberries! And that blondie!! I want to eat everything in this post :)

    Also - I'm with Laura up there, those brown rice chips are so good. The perfect crunch and such a good flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhh nice eats!! This is a good question. The "bad" me wants to say Chocolate Chips, but the good me wants to say Sugar Snap Peas!! I could eat them all day long.....

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete