Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What I Ate "When I Was Under the Weather" Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!! Only one more workday for us Canadians and then we have a long weekend ~ thank goodness for long weekends eh ;-) !!




 

Unfortunately, I am still sporting a very sore throat. Being sick in the summer really stinks :-(

So, in the spirit of feeling under the weather, here's a glimpse into my eats when I'm trying to get back to my super healthy self.

Of course, no sick day would be complete without a cold, delicious green smoothie. This one has frozen bananas, fresh local strawberries, organic baby spinach and water.

Feels AMAZING on my throat.

My other bevies of choice are vitamin waters and diet Gingerale. Normally, I'm not a big fan of pop, but I crave Gingerale when I'm sick!


For a snack, I've been having cut up apple slices with Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter.

You know what they say...an apple a day, keeps the doctor away!!

Lunch has been a super healthy kale salad posted by Angela at Oh She Glows. This salad is Dee-eelicious!! It has lots of great textures and is jam packed with so many healthy veggies. If you're looking for some new salad ideas, definitely check this recipe out.


And for dinner, I've caved and had my all-time childhood fave.
Grilled cheese sandwich and a baked sweet potato. What can I say? I have no energy to put alot of effort into my dinner and this is still one of my favourites!!


So there you have it. Great eats for a sick chickie poo. If you're looking for more ideas, jump on over to Jenn's site, Peas and Crayons. Last week she had over 100 bloggers post about their awesome eats!!

What do you like to eat/drink when you're feeling under the weather?

Have a great Wednesday,

Andrea

16 comments:

  1. Smoothies are the best when you're sick. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs** At least you've got some super yummy food!!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum that smoothie looks incredible and I think I need to make a grilled cheese asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always crave gingerale when i am sick too..i wonder why that is?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soup is always my go to when I don't feel good. If I have a sore throat I always want frozen yogurt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww hope you feel better super soon love!!!! those eats will nurse ya back! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww that smoothie is a great idea when you're sick! Fruits always make me feel better. So does green tea! And nothing wrong with a classic grilled cheese ;)

    I'm going to go check out that salad recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww I hope you get better soon lovely, there's nothing worse than feeling ill! Looks like you had plenty of good, nutritious food to build up your immune system though! I am loving the Dark chocolate dreams and apple combo especially - that one is my favorite at the moment! <3
    Whenever I'm ill I eat a lot of fruit for extra hydration, treat myself to all the foods I like in one day haha and have lots of cold stuff like smoothies, frozen fruit and sorbet to soothe my throat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a hard time eating much when I'm sick, but I always drink a lot of tea!
    Your baked sweet potato looks like a good idea- warm, soft, sweet and nutritious!
    I'm new to your blog via WIAW- cheers!
    Meri
    http://merigoesround.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well! Sprite and toast with cinnamon-sugar on it always makes me feel better when I'm under the weather.

    J likes chicken broth which he called Ache-y Teeth soup when he was little...no idea why :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really weird... but every since I was a little kid I have craved green grapes and strawberry poptarts when I am sick. Normally, I would never eat a poptart, but when I am sick it sounds like heaven? Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I'm not feeling good I love my hubby's Chicken Matzo Soup. it hits the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your healthy choices! I have to have sprite and orange juice when I'm sick! :) Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a gingerale when sick kind of gal too. There is something so soothing about the bubbles in my tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't like soda but HAVE to have gingerale whenever I'm sick too. Hmm, wonder why it always sounds so good? Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you feel better! maybe free IMAX tickets will cheer you up? you won my giveaway girl :) soup and ice cream always make me feel better!

    ReplyDelete