Thursday, June 2, 2011

What's Your Passion??

Lately I've been doing alot of thinking. Dangerous I know. I'm 33 years old and I don't think I'm fulfilling my destiny. Can you relate?

Post image for Finding Your Passion During a Quarterlife Crisis

Is it possible that I might be going through a quarter-life crisis?

I'm one of the lucky few who has a secure job with a fabulous boss. I work in an office from Monday to Friday and get paid decently to work hard. I know what I'm doing, I'm confident in what I know and I think I do a pretty damn good job when my heart's into it.

The problem is that my heart isn't 100% into it these days. I don't like being chained to a desk day in and day out. Do I like my job? Most days, yes. Do I love it? Definitely no. Do I see myself doing the same job in 20 years? I hope not. 

I want to spend my life doing something I love. But when I try to narrow down what that is, I really can't give you an answer. I've been doing some googling and some reading and it seems like there is a common thread that says: What do you love? Quick! Write the first thing that comes to your mind.

AHHHHHHHH ---- I don't know!! I'm way over-thinking it and I'm comin' up with nada, nothing, zip! I love lots of things. Lately, I heart my blog, my dogs, animal welfare, positive reinforcement dog training, cooking, following a healthy lifestyle, finding amazing vegan beauty products :-)...trust me, I could go on and on ~ I am a girl that loves alot! In the past, I have thought I would like to: open a boarding kennel, write a cookbook that works for families with meat eaters and vegetarians, start a doggie treat online business, become a holistic nutritionist, a real estate agent or possible a registered canine & equine massage therapist. True story people...I have considered all of these at one time or another :-) I never pursued any of them because I second guessed myself, I never felt I had the financial ability to go for it, it was never the right time, blah, blah, blah.

One thing I know for sure is that I love working with animals and I love working with people. I think that through the blog and you my faithful followers that I am at a point where it is time to start committing myself to making some positive changes. Are you with me?! My goal for the month of June is to really listen to my intuition and to pay attention to the things that bring me the most joy and to write down all my thoughts and about anything that makes me feel fabulous. So stay tuned to see what I come up with.....
 

Do you have a clear picture of what your passion is and if you do, are you living it? Tell me how you did it!!

Have a great Thursday. Thanks so much for listening,

Andrea

9 comments:

  1. I'm having the same crisis =) I know I want to drive through with my nutrition training but I feel like the conventional jobs aren't for me? maybe its because I want a full sleeve of tattoos secretly... wow i'm weird!

    haha we're young and will figure it out eh? LOVE YA! <3 email me anytime you want to vent it owwwt!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel! I struggle with the same mess everyday lol I'm pursuing a career in medicine but it's more because I honestly have no clue as to what else I should be doing. I know it's horrible but I'm hoping things will fall into place and that I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to become a holistic nutritionist too! Have you looked into any programs yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have looked into a holistic nutrition program, but its through the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. I don't think they have any schools in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I realized what I wanted to be (a writer), I began actively pursuing that career...I ended up quitting my job to make the interview for the job that I have (and love!) today in the field that I'm passionate about! Sometimes there are huge leaps of faith involved, but that's part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck finding your passion. I'm definitely not doing what I love for work, but I've been really happy lately. I like my hobbies, home, hubby, furry children (kitties), and that's good enough for now. I need a creative outlet since my job is pretty monotonous, but the blog helps with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't hate me...yes, I am living out my "passion." At one time I wanted to be an opera singer and I trained for years and years. Then I realized that to continue to follow that dream would mean to sacrifice everything that was MOST important to me, so I quit with absolutely no regrets. My passion is most certainly my family, the one central aspect of my life that everything else revolves around. I will NOT sacrifice it for anything. My passionate hobby was always food and now I've found a way to make it into a career while not sacrificing being an extremely active part of my family.
    As for what you should do? Your soul is searching and you are very smart, so I know that you'll make the right coice for you!! And if it's between writing a cookbook and working with dogs, why not do it all? Finding the inspiration to get started is the very first step, after that it all seems to fall into place :)
    Good luck ~hugs~
    Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the wonderful comments - I'm feeling so much love in bloggie land!! Miriam, you are so lucky to have found your passion - you've totally inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the million dollar question! i actually started my blog to figure out that exact question! best of luck to your search :)

    ReplyDelete