Friday, January 27, 2012

High Five For Friday

When it's cold and gray out and winter is starting to wind down, my initial reaction is to grab my big ol' comfy sweats and hibernate on the couch with some good flicks. It's easy to find myself in a wintertime funk. When I feel like I'm falling into the 'winter blahs' I like to focus on some of life's little pleasures to perk myself up. Sometimes all it takes is a new lip balm or a new scented candle. Nothing says fabulous like the scent of citrus or berries!

I found Lauren's blog a couple of weeks ago and I love that she focuses on her favourite things from the week each Friday. It was fun to reflect on this past week and to scroll through some of the random pics that I snapped and realize that even when I'm feeling blue that there are lots of things in my life that bring me joy.

So here are a few of my favourite things (I am totally singing like I'm in the cast of Sound of Music right now hehe)
Andrea's High Five for Friday

My top 5 highlights of the week are...

Essie Nailpolish!!!
I've been a nail painting machine lately. Lotioned hands and manicured nails are a fabulous way to freshen things up when everything seems to be gray and drab. My two new fave colours are from Essie. If you know me, then you know both of these are quite girlie for my tastes because I usually migrate towards the browns and the blacks, but I've been wanting a nude polish for ages and the purple/gray tone caught my eye right away. Let's just say that I HAD to have it :-) With a good top coat, these polishes last a good 7 days and I have my hands in dish water daily. I've gotten into a very bad habit of buying one nailpolish per week...I already have a new Essie brown tone that I'm planning to pick up on Saturday :-)

Merino Cool

Eternal Optimist


The Hankster
This crazy guy makes me smile every single day. Don't let this picture fool you because he is a maniac 99% of the time. In fact, he gave Derek a fat lip yesterday...but we still love this big goofy dog!


Chocolate Brownie Pure Bars
BEST. CHOCOLATE. HEALTHY. BAR. OUT. THERE.
I won my first Chocolate Brownie Pure bars last year in a giveaway. I love them! Most bars have such a strong date flavour that I can't finish them, but these are delish! They really do taste like brownies and they are scrumptious! Unfortunately I'm out of bars and am currently planning my next trip into Michigan so I can get more. Lots more.

Chocolate Brownie Pure Bar
P.S. - They're organic and they're vegan {swoon} {double swoon}

Pumpkin Roasted Veggie Quesadillas
Are you sick of hearing me talk about the best quesadilla combo ever?
I.LOVE.THIS.MEAL
.

THIS OUTFIT
We are heading to Disney World in May and this outfit will be in my suitcase.
...and let's face it, I love Pinterest and that's where I found this.
Pinterest is my happy place :-)

Pinned Image
From: Pinterest

So what do you think? Now that you've had a chance to think about it, what cheers you up when you're having an 'off' day?

Have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend!

Andrea 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Just stopped by to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I think I love everything you love here!!! Those nailpolishes are gorg....so springy!!

    Ugh, our weather is gray......horrid, gray. poopies.

    Thank goodness for coffee on cold days!!

    love you!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete