Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday - Veggie-fied

Who am I kidding? It's always a veggie-fied party over here :)

Happy What I Ate Wednesday! There's been a lot of talk about love and V-Day and spoiling your sweetie, but I think it's important that we also remember how important it is to love ourselves. One thing we can do to show our bods a little love and respect is to eat lots and lots of fresh  fruits and veggies.  I try to fuel myself with lots of fresh and delicious produce, so this month's "Love Your Veggies" theme has been pretty darn easy to follow!




Check out my eats from Monday:
 
Breakfast
 
I've been staying true to my green smoothie ritual every morning. I make a batch that lasts for 2 days and store it in the fridge in a mason jar. This beauty contains baby spinach, celery, apple, pear, banana and lemon. 
 
It's as good as it is green ;-) 
 




 
Lunch
 
I`ve been craving fresh salads alot lately, so that`s what I often pack for lunch at work. Baby spinach, olives, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, and a crumbled quinoa veggie patty was on the menu Monday. I top the salad with an olive oil and balsamic mix - and of course you`ve gotta add some dijon! This was amazingly delish!
 




 
Snackage
 
Snacks are a must in the afternoon. Most of the time I reach for an apple or a banana and we`ve also been loving pineapple lately - only $2 for a peeled and cored beaut! 
 



 
I also had a mini raspberry cheesecake before I gave the rest away.
Hmmm....it looks like someone else really wanted a bite of that cheesecake!!!
(Look very carefully for a cute little puppy dog face)
 



 
And I also had to taste test my fresh baked banana bread before I posted the recipe yesterday! Add a wee bit of organic butter and you have a swoon-worthy snack. It`s so good that I ate it up before I could even get a pic! 
 
 
Dinner
 
I`m still eating alot of lonely girl dinners - veggie scrambles (1 egg and a splash of almond milk scrambled up with some sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, goat cheese, baby spinach and green onions) and roasted butternut squash can often be found on the menu. 
 
I know you`ve seen this type of meal before, but I absolutely love it and the fact that it`s quick and easy makes it perfect for those nights when I`m cooking for one.
 



 
I think I`ve packed as much veggies as I can into one day of meals wouldn`t you agree :-)
If you`re looking for more veg-tastic meal ideas, head on over to Peas & Crayons and
check out what other bloggers have been eating this week.

Have a great day --- and go make yourself a green smoothie right now! Please, try one just for me and let me know how much you love it!

How do you incorporate more veggies into your meals.
Tell me the best thing you`ve eaten today.

Andrea

3 comments:

  1. I've been working green smoothies into the rotation too-- which is good, because I'm not always in the mood for veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to add veges into each meal, but if I don't think I will manage I definately start the day with a green smoothie. Yours looks gorgeous!
    Best thing I ate today - avocado and tomato on toast for lunch........... sooo good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get back on my green smoothies. I think making two days worth will be a great way for me to do so. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete