Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Challenging Myself

Welcome to April!

Again, I have to apologize for being so absent this past week. March went out like a lion for me and I have spent the last 8 days battling a flu that went straight into a cold! I rarely ever get sick, but I've been super duper busy lately and I've let myself get run down. I swear, good food and lots of sleep truly is the magic answer for staying healthy and happy!

I haven't done much of anything in the kitchen this week because I frankly couldn't smell or taste anything, so I thought that today would be a great chance for me to tell you about a couple of new goals that I've made for myself.

I have committed to running a 5K Race on May 13, 2012, and a 10K on September 22, 2012.

Eek! The 10K is only 5 months away and I am freaking out already! I've never pushed myself on fitness goals and I am typically the type of girl who likes to stick to what I'm comfortable with: zumba, spin, circuit classes. So, to step outside of my comfort zone and push myself to meet these 2 goals is huge for me! The thought of actually meeting these goals is so freakin' exciting that I can't wait for the dates to get here. Another thing that totally excites me is that I have 2 girlfriends who have also committed to these goals. This isn't going to be easy for any of us and we are all going to feel amazing when we actually DO IT!

Originally, I was planning to follow a Couch 25K program, but I've been set back a bit due to being sick, so luckily one of my co-worker's hooked us up with this brother who is a triathelete and he's agreed to work with us to tailor a running plan that will get us in tiptop shape for May and then September.

We were given the 5K plan last week and my first reaction was "Holy Schiznit Man - are you trying to kill us?!" That wasn't my exact wording, but you get my drift ;) I'm hoping to start his Week 1, Run 1 tonight after work with the plan of running 3 to 4 times per week.

This is so true for me, but now that we have a plan and a goal, it is so much easier to get out that door!

Pinned Image

I have to tell you that running does not come easy for me. I'm not a natural and I have to work really hard to go any distance.

Pinned Image

So, I hope that you will follow me and cheer me on as I start on this journey to accomplishing these goals. My plan is to keep you updated on my progress on a weekly basis, so that you guys can hold me accountable too and maybe I'll even inspire a couple of ya to jump off the ledge and try something that is totally out of your comfort zone.

What goals are you working on right now?

What is the one must-have song that you have on your running playlist?

I hope you have a fantastic Tuesday!

Andrea
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Eeeeek I'm so excited for you Lately "Brokenhearted" by Karmin has been my go to pump up run song. "Starships" by Nicki Minaj and "Push Push" by Kat DeLuna are good ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good luck on the races! I so agree with the image--the hardest, worst part of a run is actually starting a run. A few minutes in, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun that you have signed up for both! you will do great, once you catch the running bug its hard to stop!

    ReplyDelete