1. I gave myself a pedicure and used Turquoise & Caicos by Essie.
you can`t tell how awesome these are from the pic....they are all on the site....
the 2 on the right are minis.....the two on the ends have pockets --- love!!!
3. I have officially become a Costco addict. I got my membership on Wednesday and I`ve already been there twice. On Saturday I got some great deals on Liberte Greek Yogourt and goat cheese.
4. On Saturday, we had "Make Your Own Pizza" night.....sadly, everyone was pooped out (dogs included) and I was the only one who actually made a pizza. Derek passed out as soon as he got home from work and never got up until 8 a.m. on Sunday morning!
5. I am in love with this 40 minute walking interval workout.
6. You shouldn't do an upper body workout on the same day as you plan to do some serious gardening. All I can say is I am in pain.
7. My fave garden decor. $2 at the Dollar Store. WIN!
look carefully....we are dog lovers to our core :)
8. GCB makes for some kick-butt Sunday night TV.
I know some people find this show controversial, but I don`t take it to seriously
and get some good belly laughs out of it....
I also wanted to update you with how my eats and workouts have been going.
First of all, my right knee is still aching like crazy, so I have scaled back the intensity of my workouts in order for my knee to have time to properly heal. This week, my workouts went a little like this:
Monday - Zumba
Tuesday - 25 minute run, 15 minute ab workout
Wednesday - 34 minute yoga/pilates workout from MyYogaOnline
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 90 minute Kundalini Yoga
Sunday - 40 minute walking interval workout, upper body weights
For once in my life, I am actually listening to my body and trying to give it the time it needs to heal. Frustrating? Yes. Necessary? Also yes.
My meal planning/grocery budget is also going really well. I love knowing what's on the menu, so that I don't have to figure something out each night. I also love extra cash in my bank account :D
This week, our eats are going to look a little like this:
Green smoothies, Greek Yogourt with honey & granola, veggie omlets
Wraps, salads, soup, leftovers
-Make your own pizzas - I still have one crust left, so I'm thinking this will work for a lonely girl dinner
-Spaghetti (Derek)/Spaghetti Squash (me!) with marinara & sauteed veggies
- Barbecue - Meat and Taters for Derek; Portobellas and Sweet Taters for me & grilled local asparagus
- Bacon & Eggs/Egg N Cheese Sammies
- Chicken Nachos for Derek; Sweet Potato Fry Nachos for me
- BLTs with Caesar Salad
- Eat Out
Whew! What a post for a Monday morning....I guess I had lots to talk about :)
What was the highlight of your weekend?
Have a great day,