Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday: Fun, Food & FITNESS

I am ridiculously excited about this month's WIAW theme! The timing couldn't be more perfect because I just started Jamie Eason's 12-week LiveFit program, so food & fitness (and always a little fun!) is pretty much my main focus obsession right now! 




My current plan focuses on several small meals per day
 and some seriously clean eats.

Here's a peek into my eats this week:

Of course, I'm focusing on the amount of water I'm drinking each day.
My goal is to drink at least 64 oz per day, not counting what I drink while at the gym.


Breakfast

Egg white scramble with veggies (I used sundried tomatoes, mushrooms & red onion) with sugar-free salsa.


<Insert workout here - I like to hit the gym before work>
*more on my workouts below*


Mid-Morning Snack

Non-fat plain Greek Yogourt with stevia, cinnamon and fresh berries.

The addition of cinnamon was AWESOME!


Lunch

I had a kale & shredded brussel sprout salad with chickpeas. The dressing was a combo of extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard and fresh lemon juice. I made this up the night before and layered it in a mason jar. Around 10 a.m., I gave the jar a shake so that the kale leaves could marinate before I dug in.

This was SOOOO good!
I'm thinking a recipe post might be in order ;)


Afternoon Snack
One thing about this program is that the majority of protein options allowed are animal proteins. I plan to use egg whites, tofu, tempeh and protein shakes to supplement some of that and I also made a batch of Jamie Eason's lemon protein bars.


They're really easy to whip up and I was happy to find that they're quite tasty too! One batch made 16 squares and I froze the majority so I could snack on them all week!


Dinner

One slice of sprouted 16 grain bread with mashed avocado, tempeh 'bacon' & sliced tomato with a side of stirfried kale & crimini mushrooms.


Hello plate of awesomeness <3
Delicious, filling & satisfying.


Fitness

I am doing something that I NEVER do.....I ventured into the free weights area of my gym. I was shaking like a freakin' leaf because for some reason I am so self conscious over in that area, but I rocked the workouts for Week 1, Day 1 and Week 1, Day 2 and I feel awesome for getting over my insecurities!!
Oh, and I.AM.REALLY.SORE.
(a 'hurts to lift my arms to type this' kinda pain)

Wanna see what other bloggers are eating and doing to keep active?!
Check out Jenn's WIAW page for all kinds of motivation.

 
Do you have any insecurities when at the gym?

What is your favourite post-workout snack?

Have a great day!

(...and Happy Independence Day to all my American family & friends!)

Andrea
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hey Andrea,

    When it comes to working out, the only insecurities is using the weights... Sometimes I feel like I don't know what I am doing :p Maybe all those 'muscles' are intimidating me ;)

    Love the yogurt with fruit.. Perfect for a morning snack ;)

    http://www.ladyonaroof.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with ya about the weights -- I'm intimidated because I don't have a clue what I'm doing and compared to others, I lift some pretty wimpy weights :-) I just keep telling myself that they all were in my shoes at one time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner is a plate of awesome - I want that now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soooo good and really quick to make which are definitely 'must-haves' after a long day at work!

      Delete
  4. yogurt and fruit is such a great snack! of course i usually can't help adding cereal or granola too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit that I love to add some granola too, but it's not in the "plan" right now!

      Delete