Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What I Ate (at the end of Summer) Wednesday

Howdy! And welcome to the last What I Ate Wednesday of summer! Okay, okay I know it's not technically the last day of summer, but the end of August means cooler nights, shorter days and sending the kiddos back to their regular school routine.

It also means that my body is a hot mess of cravings: I'm trying to make the most of the few precious weeks we have left of fresh, local produce, but my belly is CRAVING comfort food in a really bad way! So far I've managed a pretty good balance of the two, but if I'm being really honest, I have to admit that I can't wait for the aroma of veggies roasting in the oven or of baked casseroles on a Sunday afternoon

{excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin}



Here's a peek of my eats from yesterday:

Breakfast
Monica's Banana & Coconut Steel Cut Oats (another slow cooker recipe!)




Lunch
Half a toasted tomato sandwich with a side of cottage cheese and Baked Lays creamy dill chips. One of my co-workers is always tempting me with tasty treats and snacks. I took one bite of these chips and now I'm hooked. She brought me some in today and I inhaled them ;-) I've promised myself that I shall not buy a bag to bring home because it will be G.O.N.E. before I get in the door!



Dinner
One of Jenn's Triple Bean Veggie Burgers (go make these right now!!) dressed up with a little tzaztiki and some baked sweet potato rounds. This meal was amazing!


I didn't catch pics of yesterday's snacks, but all I ate was a peach in the morning and that was it! 

What was your favourite meal from yesterday? If you have foodie-block and need some  meal inspiration, head on over and check out Jenn's What I Ate Wednesday page for tons and tons of ideas!!

Are you still in summer eating mode or have you started to crave the warm, savoury comfort food of Fall?

Have a great day,

Andrea
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your dinner looks fantastic. I will put it on my list of meals to eat (looks like Jenn did a fabulous job on this recipe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bean burgers look great. Ima' have to check those out. :)

    ReplyDelete