Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Around these parts produce is plentiful and the farmer's markets are simply overflowing with all sorts of fresh deliciousness. I just cannot get enough! Derek works in the agriculture sector and we've been getting all sorts of fruits & veggies from his customers and my grandma  has been keeping me loaded up with fresh tomatoes and zucchinis.

Tomatoes, zucchini, watermelon, raspberries, cherries & corn on the cob are definitely 'summer staples' in the Vegvacious household....what are the summer must haves in your kitchen??

 
Here's a quick peek at my eats from yesterday:

Breakfast

Homemade zucchini bread with pomegranate green tea. This zucchini bread is 'da bomb ---- it is one of my favouritist --- yes that it is a word in my world ;-) --- recipes of all time!


Lunch/Snacks

For lunch I had some goulash (made just like my daddy-o used to make it), low-fat cottage cheese and a banana and NIAGARA peach for snacks. Oh gosh ---- if you live near Niagara, you must know that these peaches are heaven!! Derek brought them home from a customer's farm on Monday night and I grab one everytime I walk by them. SO. JUICY. SO. SWEET. SO. PERFECT.

 

A little cheese is a must-have for goulash.
All I had was a light cheese string and it was just the right amount!

Dinner

Last night I stopped by my grandparents' and they had a big bowl of homemade french onion soup for us to go. It was amazing!!! We topped ours with a toasted piece of Ezekial bread and a sprinkling of cheddar. This is comfort food at its finest.   
 

So there's all the deliciousness that are my eats ---- what have you been noshing on recently? Make sure you check out Jenn's WIAW page for a ton more meal inspiration. Seriously, you could make a year's worth of meal plans out of all the awesome foodie ideas!  

Have a great Wednesday!
Andrea
xo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea, it's always summer here in Malaysia. We are very fond of a soup called 'borsch' which our friends from Russia introduced us to. The VIP ingredient, as they call it, is beetroot.
    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, all your meals look delicous! I've never had goulash before, but it sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good and you can throw in whatever you have! Mine had zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion & garlic. Delish!

      Delete