Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What I (Wish I) Ate Wednesday

Hi there! Welcome to the first Wednesday of October.

I've been battling one really stubborn cold over the past week, so most of my eats have looked something like this:

Cream of Leek Soup

Exciting, right?!  :-/  

I've seriously been eating soup, soup & more soup. It's rare for me to not have an appetite, but I can't smell and I really can't taste, so I haven't been too motivated in the kitchen. Heck, I can barely even chew with my mouth closed because I feel like I'm suffocating!

Since my eats have been <ahem> a wee bit boring and this month's What I Ate Wednesday theme is far from that, I thought I'd share some scrumptious treats that I pinned this week instead of causing your eyes to droop with picture after picture of soup.....


 

Easy Bake Egg White Souffle

Pinned Image


Hearty Harvest Salad

Pinned Image


Roasted Mushroom & White Bean Soup

Pinned Image


 Mini Apple Pies

Pinned Image

If you'd like to see more of the recipes that I've pinned lately, you can check them out here.

Before I go, I just want to say thank you to Jenn from Peas & Crayons for highlighting the fact that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I'm sure that we all know someone who has been affected by this terrible disease. I participated last weekend in the CIBC Run/Walk for a Cure and our community raised over $700,000.00!!! To learn more about this disease, please visit the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation website.

Have a great day,

Andrea
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you've been under the weather recently. Hope you start feeling better xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! A bug seems to be going around the WIAW world. I hope I don't catch it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booooo to colds-- hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete